£25-35k (dependant on experience and working hours), plus benefits including 31 days’ holiday + full support with on-going professional training and development + pension + flexible working environment.
Home working and flexibility
This is an office-based role, but we are happy to facilitate a degree of home working and will also consider flexible or part-time working arrangements for the right candidate.
The successful Paraplanner will work alongside the Financial Planner, attending client meetings as required and using cashflow forecasting to deliver a highly personalised holistic financial planning service to a wide range of clients. Given the complexity of the service delivered to these clients the successful Paraplanner will be highly technical and preferably Diploma qualified, adept at conducting technical research, producing recommendations and working to deliver an exceptional client service.
We are happy to either consider candidates who are currently Paraplanning and are keen to progress towards advising in the future OR candidates who are career Paraplanners and happy to remain in a technical support role.
- Work alongside Financial Planner to deliver a highly personalised holistic financial planning service, focused on improving all client outcomes and ensuring client needs are met to an exceptional standard.
- Undertake technical research, compile financial planning recommendations and implement solutions.
- Analyse portfolios, benchmarking, rebalancing and on-going portfolio maintenance.
- Prepare for and attend client meetings as required with Financial Planners, developing relationships with clients and acting as first port of call for client queries.
- Analyse client data and prepare cash flow analyses.
- Liaise with product providers and other third parties.
- Provide the best level of customer experience, keeping in regular communication with clients, by telephone, email and letter.
- Delegate tasks effectively to the administrative support team, ensuring the highest levels of client service are delivered.
- Ensure all regulatory and compliance standards are met.
- Contribute to the ongoing development of best practice within the business.
Skills and Experience
- A minimum of 18 months experience in a similar role.
- Diploma in Financial Planning (Dip PFS) – highly preferable
- Preferably working towards, or keen to work towards, becoming a Chartered Financial Planner (support with this will be provided).
- Good knowledge and experience of all areas of financial planning – investment portfolio management, pensions, taxation, protection, estate planning etc.
- A strong relationship builder and collaborative team player with a caring and quality focused, customer centric approach.
- Intelligent with a strong technology and mathematical aptitude and excellent attention to detail.
- The ability to manage workflow effectively.
- Experience and knowledge of Intelligent Office would be very beneficial.
- Preferably – experience of, or keen to learn, cash flow modelling
- Preferably – experience of dealing with complex financial planning or high net worth clients.
The successful Paraplanner will enjoy a highly rewarding career, working for a progressive company who invest in, value and reward their staff. If you are interested in this role then we’d love to hear from you. Please email a CV and covering letter to Rupert@bramleyfinancialplanning.com